So, the basics
- Pronounced etch-ee-seh-rah
- No age statement but a blend of 12-21 year old rums, mixed in a solera system
- No additives, no chill filtering
- Aged in Jack Daniels barrels
- Around £40 a bottle
- 40% ABV
- Light golden colour
- Lot of toffee and vanilla on the nose with a hint of coffee and cocoa
- Bursting with flavour once it warms up a little or you loosen it up with a splash of water, lots of vanilla, orange, cinnamon and toffee with a little smoke on the finish.
- Very smooth going down, as you'd expect with a nice lingering warmth.
- This feels like it would go very nicely in a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned.
The premium rum market is buzzing just now with a lot of very high quality booze coming to a shelf or back bar near you, La Hechicera is competing with the likes of Zacapa 23 and El Dorado 15 and fits very comfortably in such august company and I'm definitely looking forward to sampling more of this beautiful rum.